State in which an individual experiences risk of entry of gastric secretions, oropharyngeal secretions, food or liquid in the airways exogenous, due to the absence of dysfunction of the protective mechanisms.
– Reduced level of consciousness.
– Decreased reflexes of cough and nausea.
– Presence of tracheostomy, tracheostomy balloon inflated excessively, etc …
– Gastrointestinal probes.
– Food administered by nasogastric tube.
– Increase in intragastric pressure, increased gastric residual content, etc …
– Decreased gastrointestinal motility.
– Delayed gastric emptying.
– Impaired swallowing.
– Surgery or trauma to the face, mouth or neck.